Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Almost Done!

Well, I am coming up to the end of my first semester in France! I am taking a quick break from some schoolwork to just post quickly about my week. And this one will be short, because really not much has happened since we last met!
I had my last day of placement before the break, and was lucky enough to play "Bowl of Fame" with my students. It is a game similar to charades that we play often at camp. This time, however, the students were given vocabulary words from their first few units as the words they would have to describe. It was really interesting, a lot of fun, and I really want to do it with my future French classes if possible!
I know that I could complain about the school work due this week, but in reality it is not near as much as I would have during exam time at Trent. I don't really feel too stressed, just rushed. We have a lot due this week, as well as many of us our traveling or going home, and so figuring out travel documents and saying our goodbyes for a month is feeling a little strange. It is hard to believe that I have been here for three months... this was how long I was in France last time, and it feels like I just got here!
That being said, I am very excited to see my family for Christmas. I arrive at home on the evening of Dec. 22, so it is coming up fast! While I'm traveling, I will try to update my blog if possible so that there isn't an overload of posts during the holidays. But I also might take a little break while I'm vacationing and at home... so I will continue to post new blogs on Facebook, but if they aren't as frequent as usual, never fear! I'll be back in January :)
I am currently working on a sociology of religion essay, a language article, and studying for my grammar test tomorrow. Tonight, I'm having dinner with my host family and tomorrow night all of the Canadians are going out with our philosophy prof before the holidays. On Friday, some people are heading home, and on Saturday a lot of us are Dublin-bound before parting ways.
I hope that everyone is doing well and not feeling too stressed about exams and final assignments. If you're a camp-type person, have fun at Youth Eventz this Saturday!
Christmas is almost here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment