Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Carnival!

So after a day in which it seemed like nothing got accomplished (go French admin!), my friends and I decided to take in the local carnival.
Now for me, carnivals are a bit nostalgic. Ever since before I can remember, my family has been returning to my parents' hometowns for their fall fairs. Every year we go to Tiverton and Ripley, Ontario, to see family, friends, and enjoy some small-town fun. Since Trent U is far away from home, I haven't been to a fair in a while. So I was pretty excited for this one!
Ferris Wheel!
The one thing that we all wanted to do was ride on the giant Ferris Wheel. Now, heights are not my favourite and I haven't enjoyed Ferris Wheels since 1998, so I was a little apprehensive. I still wanted to ride it though, just for the experience. Luckily I had 4 other people with me to make sure I didn't pass out. Closing my eyes also helped.
I must admit, though, the view was pretty spectacular.
Afterwards, we wandered around and checked out the games and of course, the food. There was a lot of delicious sounding treats, but I chose a traditional candy apple. Mine had chocolate and nuts on it. For some reason, they call candy apples "pommes d'amour" here... not sure where the name came from. My three girlfriends all got tasty ice cream, and my other friend got a beignet with salted caramel on it. It was pretty much the most amazing thing ever... and I intend to go back for one myself soon!
Yum!
All in all, it was a great way to end the day. Let's hope that I get more accomplished tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment